Quality & Sustainabilty Feed

STAMAG Stadlauer Malzfabrik GesmbH: Photovoltaic system goes online

Our Brazilian subsidiary IREKS DO BRASIL S.A. commissioned the first photovoltaic system in our Company Group back in 2020. Last summer, STAMAG Stadlauer Malzfabrik GesmbH in Austria followed suit.

Since summer 2023, our Austrian subsidiary in Kalsdorf near Graz has been using solar energy to cover relevant parts of its energy requirements. There are now 754 solar modules on the roof of the silo facility and on a green area next to the silo in Kalsdorf, which generate a total of 300,000 kWh of electricity per year. 35 % of this is used directly on site, while the remaining 65 % is fed into the local power grid. This saves greenhouse gas emissions totalling 60,000 kg of CO2 per year. A second system is located in Graz on the roof of our company building.